07 Sep DigestoCid© boosts productivity and improves gut flora composition in caged broilers
A trial conducted in July 2020 in a commercial farm showed that the administration of DigestoCid© to caged broilers significantly improved their performance. Moreover, the use of the product increased the proportion of beneficial bacteria in the intestine.
Outline of the trial
- Time: July 2020
- Animals: Caged broilers
- Trial group: 30,000 animals, 14 days of age. They received DigestoCid© by drinking water, every day until slaughter.
- Control group: 30,000 animals, 14 days of age.
- Both groups were slaughtered at 35 days of age.
- All the other health, nutritional and management parameters, as well as the environmental conditions, were the same for both groups.
- At day 35, several animals of the control and the trial group are sent to the lab for a microbiological evaluation of their gut flora.
Effect on the flora of the jejunum
Average results of 16 samples of the trial group and 5 samples of the control group.
The use of DigestoCid© in caged broilers improved performance parameters, mainly survivability, average weight at slaughter, FCR and European Index.
Besides, it increased the proportion of lactic acid bacteria (beneficial bacteria) in the flora of the ileum compared to potentially pathogenic groups (coliforms, total anaerobes, Clostridium perfringens).
Products of choice
DigestoCid© is intended as a water acidifier, water sanitizer and to improve gut health in poultry and pigs of all ages.
- Buffered organic acids, that reduce the pH of drinking water and inhibit the growth of Gram-negative bacteria.
- Monoester fatty acids also called medium chain fatty acids, that inhibit the growth of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria and have antiviral effects.
- Essential oils and phytochemicals with antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antioxidant properties.
DigestoCid© has a broader spectrum of action compared to products based solely on organic acids and allows superior antibacterial and antifungal effectiveness at a less acidic pH (5.5-6.5) than competitors.
Would you like further information?
Certain health statements may not be applicable in your region.