15 Apr Necrotic enteritis and coccidiosis: differential diagnosis
Enteric diseases are one of the most important problems in the poultry industry because of high economic losses. In recent years, due to increasing resistance to antibiotics and coccidiostats, together with the ban of antibiotic growth promoters, necrotic enteritis and coccidiosis emerged as the most worrisome digestive diseases in the poultry industry.
The two diseases are closely related and sometimes happen simultaneously, as we talked about in a previous blog, making the diagnosis complicated. A correct diagnosis is key to choose a successful treatment. The table below aims at helping with the differential diagnosis.
Products of choice
GrowthPlus© is added to feed to maintain and improve digestive health. It is formulated with synergistic ingredients:
- Bactericidal and fungicidal plant extracts, combined with organic acids for better effectiveness, that reduce the number of pathogenic microbes in the digestive system.
- Plant extracts with prebiotic effect, that promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Immunostimulant and antioxidant plant extracts.
- Silicates with mycotoxin binding function.
It is especially useful in cases of gizzard diseases, necrotic enteritis, feed passage and other enteritis. It is also used as a natural growth promoter and to replace antibiotic growth promoters.
PlusProtect Digestive© is intended for digestive health in birds and rabbits of all ages. It is formulated with synergistic ingredients:
- Essential oils with bactericidal and fungicidal activity
- Plant extracts with prebiotic effect.
- Immunostimulant and antioxidant essential oils
PlusProtect Digestive© is useful to improve gut health in the following cases:
- Candidiasis in beak, crop and gizzard
- Bacterial infections in gizzard. In severe cases, it is better to give together with our PlusBind© line (mycotoxin binders)
- Bacterial infections in the intestines (necrotic enteritis; E.coli; Salmonella sp.)
- General digestive imbalances, such as feed passage.
Would you like further information?
Certain health statements may not be applicable in your region.