29 Jun Farms of sea cucumber benefit from the use of GrowthPlus©
Sea cucumber is a valued food in many Asian countries because it has many medicinal virtues according to traditional Chinese medicine.
In China, sea cucumber is mainly produced in farms located in Shandong and Liaoning provinces. Apostichopus japonicus is the main cultured specie.
China is the world leader of aquaculture, accounting for more than 60% of the total production. As in other farmed species, there is the increasing need to ensure the quality and the safety of sea food, optimize productive parameters and reduce the use of antibiotics, minimizing residues of drugs and contributing to a cleaner environment.
Framed in this tendency towards a healthier and more productive aquaculture farming system, in the past months some sea cucumber farms in Shandong province have been using GrowthPlus©, a multifunctional natural product that combines several phyto-active ingredients and found that the use of the product:
– Boosts feed intake by 10 to 30%.
– Shortens feeding time by 15 to 30 minutes.
– Improves growth.
– Contributes to a better general appearance of the animals.
– Feet of the sea cucumber become harder and tough; molting process is quicker (a sign of growth in this specie).
Nowadays, field trials are under development to demonstrate scientifically, with numbers, the positive effect of GrowthPlus© on the productive parameters of sea cucumber.
Picture by A. Semenov found here.
Products of choice
GrowthPlus© is added to feed to maintain and improve digestive health. It is formulated with synergistic ingredients:
- Bactericidal and fungicidal plant extracts, combined with organic acids for better effectiveness, that reduce the number of pathogenic microbes in the digestive system.
- Plant extracts with prebiotic effect, that promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Immunostimulant and antioxidant plant extracts.
- Silicates with mycotoxin binding function.
It is especially useful in cases of gizzard diseases, necrotic enteritis, feed passage and other enteritis. It is also used as a natural growth promoter and to replace antibiotic growth promoters.
Would you like further information?
Certain health statements may not be applicable in your region.