08 Sep ChampionPig© improves health and productivity in piglets from birth to weaning
Last trial made with ChampionPig© in a commercial farm confirms its effectiveness to reduce gut health problems, increase survivability and promote growth in piglets from birth to weaning.
ChampionPig© is a program made with natural products, intended for sows and piglets from birth to the end of nursery. In this case, the trial was carried out with two products included in the program: ActiPlus© and SupraPlus©, both intended to improve gut health, to keep the animals hydrated, and to give an extra supplementation of vitamin E.
DESIGN OF THE TRIAL
Time: May 2021
Animals: Sows from 7 days before farrowing, piglets from birth until 10 days after weaning.
- During the last weeks of gestation, sows were administered SupraPlus© through drinking water, every day
- Piglets from the sows of the trial group were given ActiPlus© on days 1, 2, 3 of life.
- When weaned at 21 days of life, the piglets were administered SupraPlus© through drinking water, every day, for 10 days.
Control group: the normal health program of the farm.
All the housing conditions, feeding, management, and health programs, were identical for both groups.
The weight of the piglets at birth was not possible to record.
The use a combination of ActiPlus© and SupraPlus© (ChampionPig© program) resulted in a clear advantage in terms of occurrence of diarrhea and survivability during the suckling period; weight gain, feed intake and FCR after weaning.
The financial payback of the trial group was 7 times better than the control group.
The most important parameter for the economic benefit of the farm is the average daily weight gain, which improved from 153 g (control group) to 198 g (with ChampionPig©). There are many studies that relate the average daily weight gain post-weaning to a faster growth during nursery and fattening period, a better FCR during fattening and to fewer days needed to reach slaughter weight.
Products of choice
ActiPlus© is a liquid emulsion that contains:
- Essential oils with antioxidant, immunostimulant and microbiocide, which have a positive action on the digestive system.
- Plant extracts with prebiotic effect
- Electrolytes to maintain hydration
- Fast absorbing sugars as an energy source
- Vitamin E, essential for young mammals
It is intended for young mammals such as piglets, calves, lambs and kids during the lactation period, and is administered directly into the mouth of the animal.
SupraPlus© is intended to maintain and improve digestive health and to improve hydration in poultry, ruminants and swine of all ages. It is given through drinking water and is formulated with synergistic ingredients:
- Bactericidal and fungicidal plant extracts, combined with organic acids for better effectiveness, that reduce the number of pathogenic microbes in the digestive system.
- Plant extracts with prebiotic effect, that promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive system.
- Electrolytes to maintain hydration
- Sugars that are quickly absorbed and can be easily used as a energy source
- Vitamin E
It is especially useful during the first week of life, to promote a healthy development of the digestive system and improve hydration; in case of digestive diseases, to improve gut health and restore the levels of electrolytes; in episodes of heat stress, to prevent digestive problems, restore the levels of electrolytes and fight with the body oxidation caused by free radicals.
Do not miss any of our articles!
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
Would you like further information?
Certain health statements may not be applicable in your region.